Position: EarlyWorks Children’s Museum Guest Service (part time)
Guest Service (part-time)
Supervisor: EarlyWorks Museum Manager
Employment Status: Part Time Status: Non-Exempt
Guest Service staff are a crucial component of the running of EarlyWorks Children’s Museum! Guest Service is responsible for selling tickets, giving visitors information, and working with memberships. This position is also responsible for running the daily responsibilities of the gift shop including sales, restocking, and general maintaining. Staff working in Guest Service are often the first and last museum employees visitors see. Therefore, Guest Service staff must be energetic, friendly, and provide exceptional customer service. The success of EarlyWorks is based on staff working as a team, so this position also requires someone who works well with others and helps their colleagues to complete tasks.
· Part-time: around 20 hours a week. Must be available to work some weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a safe and clean museum experience for all guests
- Greet and interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Check-in members, birthday parties, and field trips
- Help prepare materials for special events, museum activities/crafts, and field trips
- Run daily operations of the Gift Shop
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Assist in helping the museum team reach its goals
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
Applicants for this position should expect a work environment that requires standing and moving throughout the shift. This position also includes lifting large boxes of merchandise and museum supplies.